This week we’re incorporating those wrinkled skin, starchy flesh vegetables. Yes, I’m talking about sweet potatoes! Sweet potatoes offer numerous health benefits. They are rich in vitamins, particularly vitamin A (beta-carotene), which is essential for eye health. They also provide fiber, which aids digestion, and are a good source of antioxidants that may reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Sweet potatoes can help regulate blood sugar due to their low glycemic index. Plus, they contain various minerals and are versatile in cooking, making them a nutritious addition to your diet. Sweet potatoes are versatile root vegetable. They are rich in vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants, and they can be prepared in various ways, such as roasting, mashing, or even as sweet potato fries. Here’s a savory recipe that’s quick and easy…
Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed and cut into even sized wedges or fries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp Abstract Spice Spicy
- Fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish (optional)
Makes ~4 servings
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and seasonings- mix well.
4. Add the sweet potatoes to the spice bowl and toss until evenly coated.
5. Arrange the seasoned sweet potato in a single layer on baking sheet.
6. Roast for 15 minutes and flip. Return them to the oven for 12-15 more minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and crispy on the outside and browned.
7. Remove from heat, garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!
They're not only tasty but also packed with nutrients.