Lan and I absolutely loved the braised wings at Mu Lan’s off Cascade. And just in case you didn’t know, Mu Lan’s has the absolute BEST Chinese food in Georgia. The hubby and I used to get take-out from there every Thursday, but the dine-in atmosphere is just as awesome as the cuisine! Delicious food and great customer service= my business any day!
Based on what I tasted in their braised wings, of course as always, I hooked my own version up at the house that is just as delicious!
ACAOF’s Asian Sesame Chicken
Here’s what I used:
– 6 cleaned and patted dry chicken thighs (dark meat= tender meat AND is crazy inexpensive!)
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1/3 cup sesame oil (canola oil is a good sub)
– 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
– 2 scallions chopped
– 1 tbsp minced garlic
– 2 tsp ground ginger
– 1 tbsp *AbstractSpice (there is no sub for my homemade house seasoning, but if you must…)
– 1 tbsp sesame seeds
– 1 tbsp black sesame seeds (optional- adds a good nutty flavor and looks amazing!)
– 1 large ziplock bag
– Cooking spray lined pan
Here’s what I did:
– Pre-heat oven to 400
– Place chicken in ziplock bag
– Add ALL ingredients to ziplock bag and shake until thoroughly distributed to chicken- set aside for at least 30 min.
– Align chicken onto pan and bake for 20-30 minutes
– For presentational purposes– sprinkle some reserved scallions on top!
*AbstractSpice- my own homemade ALL NATURAL all seasoning blend I’ve been making and selling for years that’s good on everything! Ask me about it 🙂
Chiura Obata (1885–1975) Setting Sun: Sacramento Valley, ca. 1925. Hanging scroll: mineral pigments (distemper) and gold on silk, 107 1/2 x 69 in. Courtesy of Gyo Obata
Yun Gee (b. 1906, Kaiping, Guangdong, China–d. 1963, New York, NY) Where is My Mother; 1926–1927. Oil on canvas. 20 1/8 x 16 in. Credit line: Estate of Yun Gee, Courtesy of Li-Ian.
Make it a Great Asian-inspired Tasting Day!
#Kaiping #YunGee #asianart #HangingScroll #asiancuisine #ChiuraObata #Guangdong #ShiftingCurrents #sesame #chicken #ACARTofFood #LiIan #WhereisMyMother #asianculture #MuLans #GyoObata #Cascade #abstractspice #dinner