What's your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
Let me know in the comments below!
Sandwich this delicious filling between your favorite choice of bun. My family typically raves over a potato roll. However, we have also ventured out to the Hawaiian, brioche, artisan rolls, and of course for my keto-diet-friendly foodies, a nice firm leaf of romaine a scrumptious substitute!
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD FOOD?
lET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!
This one-pot wonder is such a velvety taste of wonder that you will not believe how super easy it is to make! Each ingredient is sautéed in one pot, melding together a delicious symphony of vegetables, natural sweetness, and healing spices that welcome the cooler weather approaching.
Warm healing spice notes from the turmeric, cumin, and nutmeg in this recipe make this Maple Butternut Squash Soup actually a Super Food Soup! Oh, and did I mention this rich delicious bowl of goodness and mercy is VEGAN! *Insert warm and fuzzies here*
Try this recipe and let me know what you think! Don’t forget to post pics to the comments below!
Last weekend I decided to bring the retro 'dinner party' term to life in 2018. What started off as a make-up for a missed birthday event for a friend, turned into a beautiful opportunity to celebrate a good friend, along with good food!
My initial dried fruit of choice was cranberries. However, right next to the package was an equally tasty looking bag of dried cherries! Needless to say, either one would work magically, but my love for cherries during the summertime spoke a little louder given that I could bring them to life in the Fall. Not to mention the awesome health benefits cherries have such as melatonin(sleep aid), cardiovascular health, anti-aging properties, as well as having the power to lower hypertension.
For the cheese spread, cream cheese is added to create a more smooth consistency when spreading as opposed to the goat cheese alone having the tendency to crumble when applied. But no worries, the tangy goat cheese flavor still reigns supreme!
The baguette in this assembly presents a heartier vehicle for this delicious foodie topping combo that brings its own delicious identity when drizzled with fresh extra virgin olive oil. The sprinkle is simply added flavor. Remember, in cooking you must season each layer for maximum flavor!
What's your favorite dinner appetizer go to? Post it below in the comments and let me try it too!
*happy NATIONAL TACO DAY*
Even though the shell has been replaced with a cool and refreshing crisp lettuce leaf, the warm vibrant and rustic flavors of the curry spice balance this one-handed masterpiece perfectly. With Abstract Spice as the all natural seasoning base for flavor, the added rich fall spices of curry and paprika are heightened for a more distinguished tasting taco. Taking this flavor to an additional level is the arugula. Usually I have fresh cilantro as a garnish for my tacos that packs bright flavor, however, the 'peppery' bite of arugula deepens the warm spice tones to pair even more harmoniously with these tacos. Finishing with a squeeze of lime adding delicious zing to the layers of flavor and freshness, these tacos are a force to be reckoned with!
Like with many of my newer recipes, my Green Goodness Curry Taco Boats also include simple ingredients and preparation making it an ideal recipe to prepare during the week. You can even prepare the curry seasoned filling ahead of time and just heat and serve when you like. These are also super convenient for packing for lunch!
HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR TACOS? LET ME KNOW AND MAYBE I'LL FEATURE YOUR RECIPE IN A POST!
Hey hon! Because salmon is not always in season I try at all times to get it wild, obviously even when it IS in season. However, if it's out of season I try to purchase it at @costco where they have a sticker on the package of their fresh salmon when it's out of season that states it's antibiotic free/responsibly raised. Try to go to a fish market if possible though. You know our ❤30349❤ connect 'Fulton Bay Fish Market' on Roosevelt is a trusted neighborhood spot- but remember they're closed Sun-Tues😉. And if you want a larger selection, you can't beat @yourdekalbfarmersmarket - open err'day from 9am-9pm! (except for Christmas and Thanksgiving). As far as the types of fish that I ADORE, and of course good for you😜, are trout(my fav right now❤), good ol' whitting is awesome as well. Cod is also an excellent thicker meaty fish compared to these others I mentioned. Hope this helps babe!! Let me know!!
What are your reservations about fish? What is your favorite way to prepare it? Let me Know inthe comments below and maybe I'll try it out and feature you in my next fish post!
These bars are perfectly convenient to grab-go-and-toss in your lunch or workout bag. I enjoy a bar 30 minutes prior to my workout to get the fuel needed to power through my workout with a 'boosted' calorie burn weapon!
The sweet-tart juicy burst from the dried cherries combined with the creamy chocolate goodness of the chips is like a symphony of flavors backed with the satisfying crunch of the walnuts. While I would not recommend these bars as a dessert treat since their sweetness is mainly derived from the cherries and dark chocolate alone, this dense bar is a super delicious treat that motivates me to live my best workout!
*NOTE: To make this more of a sweeter treat, add 1/2 cup brown sugar to the mix.
Check the numbers below!
Calories: 240 Cholesterol 0mg Total Carbohydrate 29.4g Dietary Fiber 3g
Total Sugars 11g Protein 10.1g
what's your go-to pre workout boost? let me know in the comments below!
*The 7 day flex taste & move Challenge*
...are you ready for the first day of the rest of your lifestyle?
Exclusive to only this AC's Cart Of Foodies FB GROUP and site subscribers!
7-Day Flex Taste & Move Challenge
- What it is: A 7 day meal plan and fitness challenge with options...it's FLEXIBLE
- Who: AC's Cart Of Foodies FB Group & AC Art Of Food site subscribers ONLY! (You have to subscribe to this site www.acartoffood.com in order to join the Facebook Group 'AC's Cart Of Foodies'!)
- When: Saturday, September 8th (Receive your meal plan and choose your workout and get ready to 'Taste & Move' Sunday!)
- Why: To help you jump-start the new you, and the FIRST day of the rest of your new lifestyle!!🤗
• An AC Art Of Food customized 7 day meal plan (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks) focused on **culinary health**- this is NOT a 'diet'. Unlike most meal challenges, the 7-Day Flex Taste & Move Challenge has a meal plan that you can eat for a lifetime!
(ACAOF's term **culinary health** is a mindful healthy eating lifestyle. It is not meant to restrict, but more so to incorporate better eating habits and eliminate the crap that ultimately harms your body)
• 7 different workouts with 7 daily routines each from various movement experts/trainers who have created specific routines just for my ACAOFoodies to choose from for your 7 days based on what best fits you!
• Each day of the challenge will also be accompanied with an inspiring motivational passage curated by a phenomenal author just for ACAOFoodies that will encourage you to be the best you, inside and out....and to keep you going!
• Plant based with options for your protein of preference. All meals have been specially designed for this challenge😋
The Workouts: (each workout listed has 7 days of routines):
•To be clear, the value of this challenge is priceless!!
But as a thank you and to show appreciation for my loyal subscribers and ACAOFoodies the **7 Day Flex Taste & Move Challenge** is FREE!!
AC Art Of Food's new monthly interactive custom meal plans will be available with 6 and 12 month subscription discounted rates coming this Fall!
🤓So stay tuned to our AC's Cart Of Foodies Group page for more info and to ask questions in preparation for September 8th!!🤓
🥘. 7-Day Flex Taste & Move Challenge
...are you ready to start the First day of the rest of your lifestyle?
So while you deal with homework and teacher supply lists, let AC Art Of Food help you with snack and lunchbox ideas to satisfy your tiny scholar’s large appetite!
These are very tasty and may make their way into your lunch bag as well.
Just thought I’d give you a heads up!
- Nitrate-free deli turkey or ham
- Mozzarella cheese (lower in fat that most cheese)
- Fresh spinach leaves
2.Bagel My Tuna
- Thin sliced bagels
- Your little ones favorite prepared tuna salad
3.Chicken, Tuna, Egg, or Tofu Salad Boats
- Fresh and firm cleaned romaine lettuce leaves
- Prepared chicken, tuna, egg, or tofu salad (tofu salad: prepare like egg salad substituting diced extra firm tofu)
- Your favorite crackers
- Your favorite cheese/ veggie cheese, sliced to the size of crackers
- Your favorite protein (pepperoni, turkey, ham (the veggie options for these work perfectly! Tofurky is a great option)
5. Protein Caprese Salad
- 1 cup prepared quinoa, toboulei, or couscous
- 1 cup fresh spinach, kale, or other lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella diced
- Handful of basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze (found near the oils and vinegars in your grocery)
6. PB&J Pinwheels
- Whole wheat tortilla
- Natural peanut butter
- Your favorite 100% fruit spread
- Pita round, halved and pocket opened for stuffing
- Prepared Cesar salad (fresh romaine + Ceasar dressing + lemon juice, and toss)
- Protein: shrimp, diced turkey, chicken, or veggie protein
8. Fruit Wafflewhich
- 2 frozen waffles
- Cream cheese
- Your favorite 100% fruit spread
9. Crudite Sushi
- Flatbread or other flavored wraps (tomato, spinach)
- Cream cheese with herbs
- Nori/Seaweed sheets
- Thinly sliced fresh veggies (cucumbers, carrots, sweet peppers, etc.)
Need more ideas?
AC Art Of Food
Eat Your Fruits & Veggies
Foodie And Her Thoughts
Food Is Medicine
Good For The Kiddies